Threads of Stillness Privacy Notice
Our contact details
Name: Jenny Orwin (trading as Threads of Stillness)
Address: 10 Lime Grove, Burneston, Bedale, North Yorkshire, DL8 2HR
Phone Number: 01677 337177
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Names and contact details of individuals (address, phone number, email address)
- Financial information (payment details as necessary depending on the method of payment)
- Information about website use
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Information supplied during the order process, in order to fulfil orders
- Information supplied during communication between you and us in order to respond to that communication .
- Information supplied when you subscribe to communications such as a regular newsletter (for example via the website, during the order process, or at a fair) for the purposes of marketing and communication with customers.
- Statistics about website use
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Jenny Orwin (contact details as at the top of this privacy notice).
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Information supplied during the order process which is used in order to fulfil that order and communicate with you about the order. We may also use some information from orders to analyse sales (for example analysing how customers heard about us or what proportions of sales come from local/national/international customers).
- Information supplied during communication between you and us in order to respond to that communication (for example if you email with an enquiry or ask to be updated with future events).
- Information supplied when you subscribe to marketing and news communications such as a regular newsletter (for example via the website, during the order process, or at a fair).
We may share information with third party payment gateways during the online order process.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored at the business address and on the host server (with 123-reg).
We keep information relating to sales for 6 years after the end of the tax year that they relate to. We will keep information from communications as long as is necessary to complete the communication. We will keep contact details supplied from subscriptions to marketing and news communications as long as we are sending out relevant information (unless you unsubscribe or we believe that the contact details are no longer correct). We will then dispose your information securely.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at the contact details at the top of this policy if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Date privacy notice created: 26 November 2018